Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mousse Au Chocolate, pg 275: French Cooking Made Easy




Chocolate Mousse. One of my favorites yet I never made it because I thought it was something hard to do.
I recently visited with a friend of mine at her house. The kids played, dinner was preparing and Charlie made himself at home and opened her fridge.  He saw pudding. Charlie will be 3 years old next month and he's never had pudding.
No I'm not anal about junk food but I am about freshness, baking and cooking from scratch.
That's the reason why I've never got it for him. I never really buy prepared food.
However, I did let him have it. He and I had a few spoonfuls and that was it.  I thought to myself, I have to learn how to make pudding.

So as I was flipping through this fabulous cook book and I came across a recipe for Chocolate Mousse. It's sort of similar I thought. I read the directions and was amazed at how easy this was.

What you need:

4ounces of semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate
4 tbsp of unsalted butter
4 eggs separated
1/8 tsp cream of tartar

Haha, um....wow! Melt chocolate and butter over a low heat until smooth
Remove from heat, whisk in egg yolks until blended. Pour into a large bowl.


Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.



Fold chocolate mixture into the egg whites
Voila, once all mixed put into a crystal bowl and chill for 2hrs. Since I don't have one I used wine glasses
So easy and so delicious!! 

Buy this book, here
Find a local book store here

Coming up next,  Poularde Pochee a L'Estragon......

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious,although my chocoholic hubby would probably eat it all!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for commenting!

    I hope you'll try making it.

    It is delish and I'm going to try milk chocolate instead and add some orange rind to it.
    This will be a staple in my house :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey good lookin', what's cookin'?